You just built your website and now comes the fun part — announcing it to the world! When you’re ready to launch and announce your website, it deserves something big. After all, you put all this time and dedication into getting your website to this point, and it deserves to be celebrated–and you want to attract the most amount of traffic as possible from the get-go. A website launch is a huge opportunity to establish a point of contact with new customers, new followers, and new conversations.
Starting with that goal, here are some helpful tips on how to make a new website announcement, creative ideas for making it happen, and tips to optimize your work in a digital space as soon as possible.
Have a specific question in mind? Please feel free to use our helpful table of contents listed below.
Table of Contents
Making a New Website Announcement (What You Should Know Before Getting Started)
Now that you are about to make a new website announcement, there are a few important tips you should keep in mind. These tips will help you determine the best form of marketing to make your announcement, when you should launch your new website, and what you want to include in your marketing strategy:
- What new features are YOU most excited about? Perhaps, you noticed that your customers wanted a chat feature to be added to your website and now the new site offers it. What would be the best way to show off this feature? A video? A screenshot? Thinking about WHY these new features on your site are an important step to determining HOW they should be promoted to your target audience.
- Be genuine. In all forms of marketing, whether it be social media promotion or an email blast, being genuine is key. Customers don’t want to constantly be “sold” to, rather they would like to know what value your product and service brings to them that can’t be found with the competition. Keep this in mind in all of your marketing strategies moving forward.
- Make your announcement feel exclusive. These are your customers. Letting them in on a sneak peek before anyone else can help make them feel more valued, which in turn will increase the likelihood of customer retention.
- Launch your website on a Tuesday. This is because potential customers aren’t bogged down with work from the weekend and will be more likely to come across your website; Tuesdays are actually the most popular day to launch new products and websites.
Website Launch Announcement Ideas (5 Strategies That Really Work)
When it comes to announcing the launch of your new website or redesigned website, there are several tactics you can use to help get the word out there. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Email marketing
- Social media promotion
- Networking with influencers
- Guest posting
- Press releases and interviews
First, let’s start with one of the most basic forms of announcement out there: email marketing.
Making a new website announcement email is one of the most common forms of communication with existing customers. This form of marketing works best for newly redesigned websites. In this case, you will most likely already have your customer’s contact information on hand. In this email, you can share a snippet of your newly redesigned site, including any new features your site offers and how they will benefit your consumer. Things you should include in your marketing email consists of:
- Announcing offers such as discount codes for anyone who makes a purchase or books an appointment on your website
- A recent blog post announcing the new design
- Custom graphics announcing the new features
In fact, studies show that email marketing is “40 times more effective than social media,” which makes sense considering “92% of internet users have at least one email account.”
Social media promotion
Social media has been a game-changer in the world of digital marketing. As it stands, Facebook has over 2.8 billion active users across the globe, while Instagram and TikTok both have about a billion monthly active users; Twitter has about 262 million. One of the biggest benefits of using social media to make an announcement about your new website is that it can get the information out to a variety of different users quickly. In addition to this, social media offers an opportunity for customers to ask questions, establish a consumer relationship with you and share news of your website with their friends, family, and followers. In your social media posts you can share:
- A video of your newly redesigned site showing off the new colors, logo, and layout in comparison to the old
- Get your followers excited about new website features
- Create both organic posts and paid ads to get the message out there
- Interact with your followers who ask questions about the new website and when it will go live
- Make at least 3 posts about the new website design over the course of a week to reach the most amount of followers
While posting on social media is a huge benefit to announcing the launch of your new website, one of the major downsides is that not all of your existing – and future customers – are on social media. You are also competing against social media’s algorithms, which are constantly changing. A social media algorithm is designed to present customers with content they are most likely to positively engage with. While this is meant to ensure that you’re targeting your ideal audience, it also means you run the risk of not having your website seen by potential customers if your content isn’t one they’ve previously engaged with. Fortunately, there’s a solution to this problem called influencer marketing.
Networking with influencers
Where do you get your news nowadays? Probably the internet, right? Well, what about new products and services? The answer: probably a social media influencer. Influencer marketing has soared in popularity thanks to social media channels like Instagram and they’re quickly becoming a more affordable alternative to other forms of media. Unlike newspapers and television ads which cost a lot of money, influencers have the power to reach the same number of people with a much lower overhead.
There are three types of influencer marketing:
- Micro-influencers – 10,000 followers or less
- Power middle influencers – 10,000-250,000
- Macro influencers – 250,000-1 million followers
Another great way to make a new website announcement is to guest post on a site that has a similar audience to yours. Guest posting is the act of writing a post on another company or blogger’s website. While guest posting is important to connect with a wider audience, it gives you the opportunity to add a link to your site on someone else’s. This is called a backlink and they are the lifeblood of search engine optimization – or SEO. When you post a link to your website on another company’s, it sends a signal to internet search engines like Google that your link is trustworthy. A backlink is a search engine’s equivalent to a word-of-mouth referral; if another website is talking about it, then it must be good. Because of this, your website will rank higher in organic search results.
This is important, especially considering the goal of your redesigned website is to bring in more customers. This is one easy and simple trick to doing just that.
Press releases and interviews
Last but not least, you can announce your new website in a press release or podcast interview. Regardless of your industry, chances are there’s a podcast that talks about it. Many of these podcasts have websites and social media channels with their contact information where you can send an email and introduce yourself and tout the mutual benefit of moving forward with an interview. Likewise, your PR team could send out a press release announcing your company’s new website and may even be able to land you a guest spot on one of these podcasts.
New Website Announcement Sample (Where You Can Find Templates)
Now that you know HOW to market your newly designed website, where can you find a template to work off of? Announcement templates are a quick and easy way to announce your new website and show off its features. These graphics can have the same color scheme as your new website, bulleted lists of features, your logo, and much more, all of which can be easily shared on social media and in email blasts and blog posts.
These are the most popular websites you can find a template to help build your custom website launch announcement:
- Canva – offers free and paid templates
- Adobe Spark – subscriptions cost between $9.99 – $99.99
- Template Monster – $59 – $75
Remember, people are naturally drawn to images, and knowing where you can customize a template that will help bring your website launch announcement to life is one surefire way to get people to notice you and all the hard work you’ve done.
WP Super Host offers flexible hosting packages that complement your site
And speaking of hard work, you need a WordPress hosting site that you can trust will do everything to maintain the technical aspects of your newly redesigned website. At WP Super Host, all of our pricing packages come equipped with features designed to do just that. From site speed reports to SFTP access to easy migration, WP Super Host saves you from the clutches of bad WordPress hosting. When you’ve spent all this time redesigning your website on WordPress, having a hosting platform that can keep it up and running is paramount. Don’t delay getting started today.
Website Launch Ideas You Should Add to Your Website Today
Before you launch your new website, it’s recommended that you add the following to your website to help let your customers know of what’s coming down the pike:
- Add a “coming soon” landing page to your website
- Add a pop-up box to your website to let visitors know of the upcoming launch
- Make sure you have a blog written that contains all the pertinent information on what the new site will have and when your visitors will be able to access it
- Upload an XML sitemap to your WordPress site. This provides internet search engines like Google with a list of pages on your site, allowing Google to crawl and index your pages more quickly. The Google XML plugin is available to be downloaded and installed on WordPress.
There’s nothing more exciting than creating and launching a new website announcement and with the tips provided above, you have everything you need to help make your launch go off without a hitch. We hope this blog provided you with all the tools and resources you need to get started!