WP Super Host
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Last modified: 1/2/2020
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the Services (as that term is defined in WP Super Host’s Terms of Services) offered by Sprious, LLC dba WP Super Host and its affiliates (“WP Super Host,” “us,” or “we”). Please read the Policy carefully. If you do not agree to the Policy, you may not use the Services. Your use of the Services is also governed by the WP Super Host Terms of Service.
We may modify this Policy from time to time as the Services change, as applicable law changes, or for any other reason. All modifications to this Policy are effective immediately when posted. If you do not agree to this Policy as modified, you may not use the Services.
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”), or to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior. Prohibited activities including by way of illustration and not by limitation:
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization;
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names, other identifiers, or personal information without the consent of the person identified (including phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spoofing, impersonating, and harvesting);
- Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System (including, without limitation, bypassing password protections);
- Distributing, publishing, sending, or facilitating unsolicited mass e-mailings, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (i.e., “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements;
- Using WP Super Host’s Services as online backup or storage, or mirroring mass downloads;
- Sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law; The sending of any form of unsolicited bulk email (“spam”) through WP Super Host’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of spam from another service provider advertising a website, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on WP Super Host’s servers is prohibited. WP Super Host accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this AUP or that of the other provider;
- Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective;
- Forwarding Internet users to any website that, if such website were hosted by WP Super Host, would violate the provisions of this AUP;
- Use of forward pyramid schemes and the like;
- Using WP Super Host’s services to operate or enable any telecommunications service or in connection with any application that allows customer end users to place calls or to receive calls from any public switched telephone network;
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment;
- Using WP Super Host’s services for the operation of nuclear facilities, air traffic control or life support systems, where the use or failure of the services could lead to death, personal injury or environmental damage;
- Distributing of software that attempts to cause damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and Systems, this includes the distribution of viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots;
- Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques;
- Processing or storing any customer data that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations maintained by the Department of State (as found in 22 CFR 120-130);
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against WP Super Host, its website, or WP Super Host employees, officers, or other agents;
- Using WP Super Host’s services in a manner that interferes with the use or enjoyment of the services by other customers or authorized users. This shall include excessive use of services which impair the fair use of other WP Super Host customers;
- Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a WP Super Host employee, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity; and
- Any type of sabotage, regardless of intention; and
Use of the Services in any way for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
Compliance with Other Terms of Service
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Content or Activities
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services for any illegal, harmful, or offensive use, or to transmit, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive. You are solely responsible for the content you uploads to your website in connection with the Services provided by WP Super Host. WP Super Host does not review or screen the content in its customer’s websites and does not assume any obligation to monitor such content. However, you agree that WP Super Host may review all hosted websites or other content in responding to a third party complaint or for any other reason. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Content or activities that constitute, depict, foster, promote or relate in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- Content or activities that are excessively violent, incite violence, threaten violence or contain harassing content or hate speech;
- Content or activities that are unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Content or activities that are defamatory or violate a person’s privacy;
- Content or activities that create a risk to a person’s safety or health, create a risk to public safety or health, compromise national security or interfere with an investigation by law enforcement;
- Content or activities that improperly expose trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- Content or activities that are intended to assist others in defeating or circumventing technical copyright protections, or that infringe on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Content or activities that promote illegal drugs, violate export control laws, relate to illegal gambling, money laundering, or illegal arms trafficking;
- Content or activities that are otherwise illegal or induce, aid, or solicit conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to WP Super Host;
- Content or activities that are otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against WP Super Host; or
Content or activities that give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
You may not use the Services to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy or use in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- You have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- You are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy or use the work in that manner.
Monitoring and Reporting
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services.
You may access and use WP Super Host’s Services for lawful purposes only. You are solely responsible for the knowledge and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to use of the services offered by WP Super Host. You agree that it will not (i) use the Services to commit a criminal offense or to encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local state, Federal or international law or regulation; (ii) upload or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual or fiduciary duty; (iii) interfere or infringe with any trademark or proprietary rights of any other party; (iv) interfere with the ability of other users to access or use WP Super Host’s Services; (v) claim a relationship with or to speak for any individual, business, association, institution or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship; (vi) interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the service; or (vii) reproduce, duplicate, copy, use, distribute, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Services.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties but with prior written notification to you of the suspected violation. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
You represent and warrant that no federal, state or local authority prohibits or materially limits WP Super Host from transacting business with you or providing services to you or your agents, representatives, affiliates or related entities. If, at any time, a federal, state or local authority prohibits or materially limits the transaction of business or WP Super Host’s provision of services to you or your agents, representatives, affiliates or related entities, such prohibition or restriction shall be a violation of this AUP and a material breach of the Terms of Service Agreement.
If WP Super Host determines in its sole discretion that your conduct violates the terms of AUP, WP Super Host may suspend, restrict, terminate, delete content, or take any other appropriate action with regard to the services, without any obligation to refund fees paid. WP Super Host reserves the right to take such actions without notice to you. You understand that WP Super Host reserves the right to conclude that your conduct is in violation of the standards set forth in this AUP. You agree that WP Super Host, in responding to a third-party complaint, reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Services subject to this AUP without notice and with no obligation to refund fees paid. You also understand and agree that by providing you with the Services, WP Super Host in no way endorses your website or deems the website content to be suitable under the terms of this AUP.
You agree that WP Super Host shall under no circumstances be held liable on account of any action WP Super Host takes, in good faith, to restrict transmission of material that it or any user of the services considers to be fraudulent, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected.
Contact Information: To ask questions or comment about this Policy, contact us at: